MLB Extra Innings is a subscription service that allows you to watch out-of-market MLB games on your TV or computer. It is offered by most major cable and satellite providers, including DIRECTV for Business. It’s a great way for businesses to engage their customers and employees, especially if they are located in an area where the local MLB team does not have a broadcast deal. It is also a great way for businesses to attract new customers who are passionate about baseball. There are a number of benefits, including:
- Increased customer engagement: Customers are more likely to spend time at your business if they know that they can watch their favorite MLB teams play, even if they are not playing in your local market.
- Boosted employee morale: Employees are more likely to be happy and productive if they have a way to relax and socialize during their breaks. This is a great way to provide your employees with this opportunity.
- Attracting new customers: Advertising that your business shows MLB games is a great way to attract new customers who are passionate about baseball.
- Building relationships with customers and employees: Baseball is a common interest that businesses can encourage their customers and employees to talk about and share their thoughts on. This can help to build stronger relationships between businesses and their customers and employees.
- Improved brand awareness: Sponsoring MLB Extra Innings programming or placing your logo on the MLB website and social media pages can help to associate your brand with baseball and improve your brand awareness.
After signing up, there are a few steps to best market the business and it’s sports viewing experience.
First, create a dedicated viewing area for your customers or employees. This could be in the waiting area, restaurant, bar, or break room. Make sure the area is comfortable and has a good view of the TV.
Another great way to market the baseball viewing experience is to host viewing parties. This is a fun way to attract new customers and build relationships with existing ones. Promote viewing parties on social media, in an email newsletter, and on the business website. Providing special deals and discounts to attendees may further incentivize them to come.
Throwing occasional viewing parties as a perk for employees may also be beneficial. This is a great way to boost morale and productivity. Host viewing parties during lunch breaks or after work. Provide food and drinks for the employees so everyone feels welcome and appreciated.
Finally, be sure to advertise that the business shows nationwide baseball games. Post on the business’ website, in marketing materials, and on social media. Reach out to local media outlets to see if they would be interested in writing a story about the business and it’s role in the community.
Attract new customers, build relationships with existing ones, and boost employee morale. Soon enough, the business became a destination for the local baseball fans.
How Much Does MLB Extra Innings Cost with DIRECTV for Business?
If you sign up for a DIRECTV for Business package, it is included at no additional cost.
Call us at (800) 617-5860 to find out more, and to sign up for this TV service with one of our expert representatives.